>Version 1.4 of Word Mix & Word Mix Lite has been released.
1) Two new dictionaries. A common words dictionary (loaded by default) and an advanced dictionary. See the application settings to change dictionaries.
2) With the added dictionaries there are now over 12000 levels of play!
3) A leader board is now available. See “High Scores” from the main menu. The leader board only keeps track of “Timed” games. “Puzzle” games are not tracked.
Unfortunately there were a few bugs introduced with this update. When you tap “End” on a puzzle game and select “End Level”, the next level sometimes presents a “Game Over” when you come back to your game. Also there are some layout issues with the leader board. These issues will be addressed as soon as possible.
Thank you all for your continued support of Word Mix!
>This post is to address permissions concerns users have been commenting on in the Android Market for Word Mix Lite. Word Mix and Word Mix Lite require various permissions in order to provide network services such as looking up words on Dictionary.com as well as permissions to handle saving the state of your game correctly when your device receives a phone call. Word Mix Lite has a few extra permissions that the ad companies which Word Mix Lite uses requested to be listed. Here is a list of the permissions and why they are there:
Network communication: full Internet access – This is to be able to look up words at Dictionary.com
Network communications: view network state – Allow the game to behave appropriately when no network services are available
Phone calls: read phone state – This is to make sure Word Mix behaves appropriately when your device receives calls
Services that cost you money: directly call phone numbers – This was requested by Greystripe ads in order to allow the user to click on ads that allow the user to make toll free calls to get more information about an ad. These ad campaigns are few and far between.
I’ve been in contact with Greystripe Ads regarding the “Services that cost you money” permission. They have stated that that permission can be disabled and no ads allowing the user to make toll free calls will be displayed.
Greenrift Software has decided to remove that permission in future updates to the application. Be looking for an update to Word Mix and Word Mix Lite in the next week or so removing this permission as well as providing some much needed dictionary updates.
Thank you all for your patience regarding this and thank you for your continued support!
>Check out the latest review of Word Mix from AndroidTapp.com.
>v1.3 updates include:
1) New preferences menu. To access: from the main menu press Menu on your device, then press Settings.
2) You are now able to change how long a timed game can be from 1 minute to 10 minutes. This can be done in the Settings menu.
3) Improved volume control. Now when you press volume up or down on your device, it will control the Media volume instead of the Ringer volume.
4) In Puzzle mode, you are now able to end a level at any time and the possible words will be displayed. If you have found the 6 letter word(s), then you will be able to move on to the next level. If not, your game will be over. When you press End, you still have the option to just suspend your current game and go back to the Main Menu.
Thank you again for your continued support!
1. You will be able to change the time limit on the timed game. Currently it is set at 2 minutes.
2. There have been some complaints about some of the words not being words in the game. I appreciate any feedback about this. There will be an updated dictionary in the next release taking care of some of these issues.
3. Adding the ability to continue to the next level on the untimed puzzle mode if you get the 6 letter word.
There have also been requests to be able to use built-in keyboards for devices like the Droid, G1, etc. Currently Word Mix is fixed in the vertical layout (portrait). I’ve been thinking about adding a landscape layout so that the keyboard can be used, however these things take time. Hang in there. I’ve been wanting to add keyboard support, so this update will be showing up in one or two updates down the road.
I’m working on some updated graphics, however I’m not sure if these will make it into the next release.
Thanks for your continued support!
1) Timer not starting if coming back to your game from a home button press.
2) Puzzle game “Next Level” button disabled if you return to your game after using a hint.
3) Various other clean ups.
It has been reported that there is a bug with Word Mix, such that when you are playing a level and press the Home button on your phone, when you go back to the game the timer doesn’t always start back up. A fix for this will be pushed out in the next few days. As a work around, when you go back to the game and you notice that the timer doesn’t start, press “End” and press “Yes” to end the game. Then at the main menu, press “Resume Game”. This will start the level where you had left off. Again, a fix for this is in the works and will be pushed out in the next couple of days. Sorry for any inconveniences.
Hey all! Greenrift Software’s first Android application has just been released to the Marketplace (tap on the icon called “Market” on your Android phones, or click here). Word Mix is based on the likes of the famous Text Twist game. You are presented with 6 letters and you need to guess the 6 letter word before time runs out to continue. Guess as many other words as you can to rack up points. Word Mix has an added feature that will give you a hint once every five rounds. So, use it sparingly.
You can compete against the clock or take a more leisurely approach and play an untimed game. In the untimed game, in order to move on to the next level you must correctly guess ALL of the words possible. This could pose more of a challenge for some players.
Unsure about whether or not one of the words in the game is an actual word? At the end of each level, you may tap on any word to look up the definition thanks to Dictionary.com.