Word Frenzy Free
There have been reports of inappropriate words showing up in Word Frenzy recently. While we make every effort to provide a clean and appropriate words list for everyone to enjoy, sometimes inappropriate or derogatory words might slip through the cracks and our algorithms. We will be reviewing the words list used by our applications and remove the inappropriate words that have been reported as well as any others that we may find. Updates to our applications will follow.
We wholeheartedly apologize for any offenses we may have caused and we will put safeguards in place to make sure words like those will not show up again.
If anyone finds any questionable words as they play, please take the time to report them so we can take action.
We’ve been working hard to get Word Mix and Word Frenzy migrated away from OpenFeint. Here is the short/long term plans:
For Word Mix, we had several platforms we could have used to replace OpenFeint. Due to the nature of some major updates we are working on in the near future (hint: it’s gonna be fun!), we decided to roll our own with the assistance of Parse. We feel that Parse will give use the most flexibility in building out some new features as well as the needed scalability that we will require. So, you may be asking: What will happen to all of my scores and achievements and items once this migration happens? Below is a breakdown of how things will work for the initial release:
- You will need to create an account in the app to get the most out of Word Mix now and in the future (hint again: The future will be really fun if you do!)
- You will be required to specify a unique username, email address, and password. Why do we ask for the email address? It is solely used to facilitate forgotten password requests. It will not be sold to aliens, used for nefarious purposes, or otherwise abused.
- You will be able to link with your Facebook account if you so desire (not required).
- Upon account creation, high scores will automatically be migrated to the new leader boards.
So, I create my account, what do I get out of it?
- Game syncing across all your devices including scores, items, and level progression.
- Your scores posted to the leader boards
- Access to additional features in later releases (Hint for the 3rd time: Trust us! It’s gonna be great!)
- Achievements may not make it into the initial release. Please keep in mind we intend to make achievements available with this service, it may just take us a bit longer to get those fully implemented.
But I spent so much time investing in my OpenFeint account. Why should I trust my data with this new service?
- The good thing about using Parse as our backend, if at any time we are dissatisfied with the service or Parse goes into shambles, Parse has been gracious enough to give us the ability to download all of the Word Mix data into a format that we can easily place into a new system. In other words, none of your data will be lost if Parse is shut down in the future as OpenFeint is now.
- Also, we are now able to backup all of your important game data and allow you to sync your games across devices!
Ok, I’m sold! When can I expect this awesome update to Word Mix???
- Be looking for it in Google Play and Amazon before December 14. It will be on the Nook by that date or a little after
Word Frenzy will be migrated over to Scoreloop for the foreseeable future. The Nook version of Word Frenzy has been on Scoreloop since it was released over a year ago. All of the features that Word Frenzy currently has will continue across to the Scoreloop infrastructure. For those of you with OpenFeint accounts, you will need to create a new account once the update has been released. You should be prompted to do so when the app starts for the first time. High scores should be migrated over once you create your account.
The Android Market just gave developers the ability to see various statistics regarding their apps. Here’s a rough breakdown of Android versions that users of Greenrift Software applications are currently on:
- Android 2.2 (48.1%)
- Android 2.1 (27.7%)
- Android 1.5 (14.9%)
- Android 1.6 (8.4%)
- Android 2.3.3 (0.4%)
So, what can you glean from this? Well, for one thing, support for Android 1.5 will not be going away any time soon. Also, the most recent version (2.3.3) has very few users. If you happen to be one of those users, it would be very helpful to get any feedback on performance or bugs that you may find. As I find more interesting stats, I’ll post them. Thanks Android Market team! And thanks to you all for supporting Greenrift Software!
Word Frenzy Free has been updated to v1.1 to match that of Word Frenzy. It now has the same features as Word Frenzy including the Open Feint integration. A new ad provider has been chosen to integrate into Word Frenzy Free. This means that there are no longer any banner ads on the game play screen. Instead, there will be occasional full screen ads at the end of levels. So, enjoy the lack of banner ads. I feel that this will allow you to stay focused on the level at hand instead of adding to distractions. Any comments on this are welcome!
1.) Force close during high score updating.
2.) When letters have been pressed, if you press on the blank ring below the guessed letters, an empty green circle appears in the guessed letter area. If this is done enough times the game force closes.
Both issues have been fixed with this update. Please upgrade your apps!
Word Frenzy has been released to the Android Market! Word Frenzy is an anagram game where Text Twist meets Yahtzee. It’s fast paced and keeps your brain going! The object of the game is to guess as many words out of four sets of words as you can. You must guess enough words in the various categories to move to the next level. What’s the catch you may ask? Well, the letter sets shift in and out while you play the game. More strategy is required and you have to be quick to guess the words before the letters disappear.
Just like Word Mix, Word Frenzy is $0.99 to buy the ad free version. Word Frenzy Free is available ad supported, but fully featured.
Over 12,000 word sets.
Horizontal and vertical layouts.