Think we have the crashing issues figured out. Will be rolling out v22.214.171.124 as a phased rollout to a subset of users. If the issues appear to have been solved, the new version will be released to all. If you have the chance in Google Play to do the update to v126.96.36.199, please do so. As always, we appreciate it when anyone reports any issues!
There have been reports of inappropriate words showing up in Word Frenzy recently. While we make every effort to provide a clean and appropriate words list for everyone to enjoy, sometimes inappropriate or derogatory words might slip through the cracks and our algorithms. We will be reviewing the words list used by our applications and remove the inappropriate words that have been reported as well as any others that we may find. Updates to our applications will follow.
We wholeheartedly apologize for any offenses we may have caused and we will put safeguards in place to make sure words like those will not show up again.
If anyone finds any questionable words as they play, please take the time to report them so we can take action.
Amazon Appstore users: There is a bug that has been discovered that will cause a crash in Word Mix Lite upon starting a level if you are not connected to the internet. This is being worked on and a fix will be available in the next couple days (small delay due to the US holiday tomorrow). Sorry for this! Will post an update when the fix is released.
Kindle Fire users! Amazon has announced a new program called Amazon Coins. The basic concept is as you make purchases, use apps, etc. on your Kindle, you can earn Amazon Coins that can then be used to purchase apps, in app items, etc. like real money. I imagine it will be similar to when you purchase some music or apps and get some MP3 or Appstore credit towards your next purchase. Interesting concept and it looks like a win-win for you all and developers!
Get more details below:
We’ve been working hard to get Word Mix and Word Frenzy migrated away from OpenFeint. Here is the short/long term plans:
For Word Mix, we had several platforms we could have used to replace OpenFeint. Due to the nature of some major updates we are working on in the near future (hint: it’s gonna be fun!), we decided to roll our own with the assistance of Parse. We feel that Parse will give use the most flexibility in building out some new features as well as the needed scalability that we will require. So, you may be asking: What will happen to all of my scores and achievements and items once this migration happens? Below is a breakdown of how things will work for the initial release:
- You will need to create an account in the app to get the most out of Word Mix now and in the future (hint again: The future will be really fun if you do!)
- You will be required to specify a unique username, email address, and password. Why do we ask for the email address? It is solely used to facilitate forgotten password requests. It will not be sold to aliens, used for nefarious purposes, or otherwise abused.
- You will be able to link with your Facebook account if you so desire (not required).
- Upon account creation, high scores will automatically be migrated to the new leader boards.
So, I create my account, what do I get out of it?
- Game syncing across all your devices including scores, items, and level progression.
- Your scores posted to the leader boards
- Access to additional features in later releases (Hint for the 3rd time: Trust us! It’s gonna be great!)
- Achievements may not make it into the initial release. Please keep in mind we intend to make achievements available with this service, it may just take us a bit longer to get those fully implemented.
But I spent so much time investing in my OpenFeint account. Why should I trust my data with this new service?
- The good thing about using Parse as our backend, if at any time we are dissatisfied with the service or Parse goes into shambles, Parse has been gracious enough to give us the ability to download all of the Word Mix data into a format that we can easily place into a new system. In other words, none of your data will be lost if Parse is shut down in the future as OpenFeint is now.
- Also, we are now able to backup all of your important game data and allow you to sync your games across devices!
Ok, I’m sold! When can I expect this awesome update to Word Mix???
- Be looking for it in Google Play and Amazon before December 14. It will be on the Nook by that date or a little after
Word Frenzy will be migrated over to Scoreloop for the foreseeable future. The Nook version of Word Frenzy has been on Scoreloop since it was released over a year ago. All of the features that Word Frenzy currently has will continue across to the Scoreloop infrastructure. For those of you with OpenFeint accounts, you will need to create a new account once the update has been released. You should be prompted to do so when the app starts for the first time. High scores should be migrated over once you create your account.
This just in:
Word Mix and Word Master are now LIVE on the Nook Market!
Enjoy Nook friendly layouts and a fresh, clean leader board thanks to Scoreloop. Special game play for the Nook is also included. Download today to be one of the first on the leader boards!
Word Mix update (v1.8.1) is now available on the Amazon App store. This fixes the Galaxy Tab 7-inch issue as well as introduces a new twist on game play: Rewards! As you progress through the game, at certain score levels, you will be given a reward. The reward is a certain quantity of one of the following: Retries, Super Hints, or Timer Boosts. Enjoy!
Oh, and if you downloaded the app yesterday, please take time to rate it on the Amazon store…even if you have a scathing review!
Tomorrow, 9/13/2011, Word Mix will be featured on the Amazon App store as the Free App of the Day! This is an exclusive updated version that brings tablet & large screen support and in-app goodies that enhance game play. Keep your eyes open and pick yourself up a copy!